If a new gadget comes out Monday, everyone runs out to buy it Tuesday. Why? There is no need for that. Men have to understand that they should not get caught in the unnecessary frenzy of new electronics. What the Dapper Man does is wait and studies his future product.
If you’re in the market for a new electronic, do your own research. Do not depend on the 17-year-old kid at Best Buy who has no real experience or training. Depend on yourself! I guarantee that if you research the product you really want, you’ll be more knowledgeable then most of the salesmen at electronic stores.
Here are a few vital steps on how to find the right product that’s right for you:
- Know What You Want: Find a gadget you really want and what benefits you. Don’t ever buy a product just because everyone else is foolish enough to purchase it. You have no idea how many products I have purchased in the past that have collected huge amounts of dust because I really didn’t need them. Don’t make the same mistake I have. Find a product you really want.
- Let Time Pass: When the product you want comes out, don’t rush to go get it. Let time pass. As time passes, use it to research your product and read reviews. Learn the pros and cons. Another reason it is best to let time pass is because normally the first batch of the item you’re looking for has defects. Have you ever seen people camp in front of the Apple store for days, only to get a defective product and have Apple release a modified version weeks later? The reason is because once the first batch is out and their products are being used in massed amounts, they themselves are truly learning the errors of their products. Ever wonder about new game systems selling out instantly and leaving you wondering why they didn’t make enough? Easy. They only make a certain amount to create a frenzy–and mostly importantly to learn from their mistakes.
- Research: Research is vital! Learn your product! Learn what you think meets your need. Don’t just buy something because a complete stranger recommends an item to you. Buy a consumer reports magazine or research online. Learn the ins and outs of your new item. It’s always best to know the items true potential.
- Buy It: Once you followed all the previous steps, buy your new gadget with confidence and feel good about it. Ever buy a product and become worried you really don’t need it or might not be for you? Not here! You purchased an item that you truly want and researched! Buy the extended warranty though. Don’t be cheap, be safe. There is a reason everything has an extended warranty.
- Enjoy: Once you’re home, open your product and enjoy it. Feel good about the product you just purchased and know it was the right item for you.