A Mojarra is a great Mexican dish that is easy to make without many ingredients.
Although this might be easy to make, it will take a little bit of time. This is a great dish whenever you’re craving seafood and is especially delicous during summer time.
- Mojarra Fish
- Vegetable Oil
- Dos Equis XX Beer
- Open the bottom of the Mojarra with a knife and take out all the insides if the butcher hasn’t done so already. Make sure you leave the inside of Mojarra clean!
- Clean out the Mojarra with water, inside and out.
- Fill a bowl with enough water to completely cover the amount of fish you are making.
- Add about 3 spoonfuls of salt to the bowl and mix.
- Bathe the Mojarra in the bowl of water and salt.
- After bathing the Mojarra, completely cover the Mojarra with flour from the mouth to the tail. Make sure to cover both sides.
- Leave the Mojarra to the side for a little bit.
- Heat up vegetable oil in a deep pan and bring to a boil. You want a pan where the oil will completely cover the Mojarra.
- Once the vegetable oil is heated, dip the Mojarra inside the pan.
- When the Mojarra comes to a golden crisp, take it out of the pan with some tongs.
You can enjoy your Mojarra by itself or with a side dish like rice. Just be sure you have enough lemon or lime to squeeze on your mojarra–you can also add your favorite hot sauce.
Don’t forget to drink your Dos Equis with your Mojarra!