If you want to be taken seriously in life, you need to develop a keen fashion sense. If guys are going on a date or out to the bar with some friends, they usually just grab whatever is clean and looks semi-ironed in their closet.
Appearance goes a long way. With appearance comes confidence and with confidence comes women. Women love a man who is clean-cut and confident. A man who knows what he wants out of life is literally invincible.
When it comes to style, the key thing to remember is: It is better to be overdressed than underdressed.
Don’t take this motto too literally–no one needs to show up at the gym with a shirt and tie. However, this doesn’t mean you can show up on a date with a stinky and wrinkled v- neck, jeans, and dirty white sneakers.
Below are 5 things a guy who wants to be taken seriously in life should not be wearing:
- High School Clothing: If you are over the age of 19, please never wear anything that has your high school logo on it. Grow up! No female wants to see a guy wearing his class ring or letterman’s jacket.
- Skinny Jeans: There is nothing wrong with wearing jeans that are fitted, but if your jeans can be mistaken for tights, we have a problem. Stick to basic colors with jeans: blues, blacks, greys, and browns.
- Shorts Below the Knee: Whether you are wearing baggy shorts or shorts that resemble capri’s, don’t do it! Wear clothes that fits but that does not resemble any type of femininity.
- Socks and Sandals: Do I need to say more?
- Baseball Caps with Stickers: Unless you are saving a hat for your collection, please remove all stickers from your clothing and accessories. No one wants to see that your hat is brand new or your wrinkly sticker is falling apart.
Above all, wear clothes that fits. Wearing a size 38 when you are a size 32 does not work. If you wear a large shirt, wear a large shirt. Not a XXL t -shirt down to your knees. Also, make sure your shoes are clean and polished and your clothes are ironed and clean. Take the extra 10 minutes before you leave the house to stay on top of this and you’ll be a true Dapper Man.